OUR HUMAN RIGHTS POLICY
At HISTORIC ORIGINALS LTD we are committed to protecting the human rights of all our staff and those who receive direct or indirect services from us. As a responsible, ethical organisation, we fully support the principles of the Human Rights Act and all associated legislation.
Our responsibility for human rights encompasses:
• Our operating sites — we will uphold the human rights of all employees, visitors and contractors at our offices and distribution centres
• Our supply chain — it is our aspiration to ensure that working conditions throughout our supply chain meet internationally accepted standards of human rights and working conditions
This policy statement has been developed with reference to the following documents:
• The Human Rights Act 1998
• The Modern Slavery Act 2015
• The Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code
We respect the privacy rights of our employees when gathering personal information or implementing employee monitoring practices.
We will not employ workers under the legal minimum age for work as stipulated by the Employment Act 2008.
We will not make use of any forced labour or debt-bondage labour in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
We will not discriminate against any person based on their protected characteristics and will uphold Article 14 of the Human Rights Act 1998 in respect of protection from discrimination.
FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
We respect the right of our employees to associate freely and participate in collective bargaining.
We expect respect for Human rights from our significant business partners.
We will not employ, or allow to be employed, any form of corporate punishment, physical coercion or verbal abuse. Any disciplinary matter will be dealt with through formal procedures.
Working time directives will be adhered to as per the Working Time Regulations 1998 with opt-out clauses publicised to staff.
Wages paid for standard working hours will meet or exceed national minimum wage or living wage levels as appropriate.